- 3 sheets of aluminum foil, of equal size
- Small objects to use as weights
- A place to float a small boat
- Paper towel or dish towel
- Piece of paper
- Pen or pencil
1. Set up a record sheet like the one below on a piece of paper, or print out a copy.
2. Think of three different boat shapes. Draw the first boat in the column on the left. Draw the second boat in the middle column. Draw the third boat in the column on the right.
3. Using one sheet of aluminum foil, fold up the foil to build the boat design. Be sure to pinch the foil together tightly so that the boat doesn’t leak.
4. Place the boat onto the water in the testing container. Does it
5. Predict, or guess, how many pennies (or other weights you’re using) the boat will hold. Record the prediction on the record
Earn Your Badge By Taking This Quiz!
Share Your Project!
Please share a link to your project and/or a picture or video of your project, with a description of how you innovated on your project. And please comment on another engineer’s project!
Are you a Teacher?
Click here for your